First blog post of the year and it’s one too remember. Last year we learned about the CPR (Canadian Pacific Railway) and I was interested and wanted too look more in depth. I was very curious on why the railroads back then got so much “hype”, what could the railways help with back then. My question I looked into was “how did the railroads help with prairie economic growth?”

The Canadian Pacific Railway wasn’t able to fufill the needs in the west. This brought attention for a new train company called the Canadian Northern Railway (CNoR). The CNoR became the CPR’s rival. Now a days the CNoR has changed to the CN you see on the front of trains. I learned lots of things about how the prairies shaped out to be what they are today because of the railways. How the railways helped in the prairie economy growing to what it is now.

I decided to make a newspaper article. I wanted to make it feel like you were picking up a newspaper from the man on the street screaming EXTRA! EXTRA! I Thought it would be a creative way to show my topic and give you the feeling of the old days. I wrote the article in historical perspective acting as if I was the person writing the article.

simple-newsletter

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️