The cause of WWI may vary. Some people say it was the Balkans, others say it was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Here in Jayden’s blog we say it was the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente who started the war. Which brings me to my thesis; The causes of WWI may vary to different people, but realistically the reason behind all of the others is the triple entente Great Britain, France, and Russia against the triple alliance of Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy.

The Triple Alliance was made up of 3 countries, Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy. The Triple Entente was made up of 3 countries France, Britain and Russia. The Triple Alliance was made up for defence purposes in order to prevent WWI from happening. The Triple Entente was made because of how much power the Triple Alliance had. France and Germany always hated each other. Britain and Russia joined in fear of Germany’s growth and power. Germany was the big country who everyone feared.

1478468640151

One day Austria-Hungary sent troops and attacked Serbia because of the Serbians nationalism, also because of the Serbians who assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand. When Austria-Hungary sent in their troops, Russia responded by sending their own troops in to help Serbia because they were close allies. When Russia attacked, Germany then sent their troops in, and because of the alliance system France and Britain then got involved. Italy on the other hand didn’t get involved. Italy didn’t want to get involved because the Triple Alliance was meant for defence purposes and Austria-Hungary attacked Serbia. France and Britain then made an agreement with Italy. If Italy helped the Triple Entente in the war they would help Italy expand and gain more power. So Italy fought with the Triple Entente.

With the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente causing the war, it reminded me of two little brothers getting in a stupid fight and then bringing their brothers in to help, then the fight escalating to something way more then it should’ve been.

img_2292

I decided to write a book about the cause, well it’s kind of a children’s book with my drawings, but the learning of an adult. I decided to make the Triple Alliance a family and make them a family that the whole neighbourhood and town feared. I made Germany the big brother and Austria-Hungary the little mischief brother and made Italy the shy brother. So I don’t want to ruin my whole 14 paged book so without further ado here is my book:

cause-of-wwi