Blue Sky 2019 Portfolio Post

Well it turns out it’s the end of the year, and with that the end of blue sky. In this blog post I will talk about my creativity journey from the idea, to the product!

Take the ‘ L’ ( and learn from it! )

Our first phase was the L phase which was Look, Listen and Learn. I wrote some sentence starters, Like “I really care about _____” or ” It would be great if _____”. I also did some research on a potential idea, a snowboard carrier.

I finished off with a poll about Snowboarding.

A, The first letter of the alphabet, the second letter in LAUNCH! ( + A Pitch )

The next part was A, ask tons of questions. We looked into the different levels of questions and how to ask questions with different websites and videos. We had to make a list of NTK’s ( Need to Knows ) and our action plan, a timeline of events to do.

We then had to pitch our project, I was pretty concrete with the idea of a snowboard holder, and Ms. Willemse approved with a minor tweak that would multi use, not just snowboarding.

U, underestimating the work!

Next up was the U Stage which is Understand the problem or proccess. I interviewed a friend who is a snowboarder and pitched the idea to him, he thought it wasn’t very useful since there are many snowboarding holders.

Here are some highlights!

I then started transitioning to a screwdriver for backcountry snowboarding.

I researched the materials and designs.

N, aNother stage!

The next stage was N, Navigate and bundle ideas, this was fairly easy as my ideas were transited to a screwdriver holder that was fully concrete. Here’s how I bundled the good ideas and bundled the bad ones too!

C, Si senior? Yes, finishing up!

The next to last stage was C, Create! I started with some concept sketches,

And then made a 3D model online using a tool called Tinkercad.

I contacted Mr. Hughes, my teacher who has access to the school 3D printer and asked him to print this model, he happily obligated.

With the model printed it was smooth sailing which brings me too.

H: Help needed? naH.

The final section was H, highlight and fix, I took some criticism but knowing the timeframe , it was a bit late. I created a burndown chart for the remaining work and burnt down the Work!

Which now brings me too…….

Presentation Night!

I will only talk about this briefly, but presenting was really fun! I was in the Unique Sports Group with some Gr. 9’s and a couple of grade 8’s but every presented and we had a fun booth with Games, Snacks, etc.

Overall, I really enjoyed conceptualising and working on a project/ product. It was a great project and a even greater year!