PGP 9 Alberta

Hey Guys! This is going to be a bit of a different blog post as I’m reflecting on my Alberta trip, and the core competencies I used to learn about myself and how I learned through this trip.

Let’s start with the first Core Competencies

Managing Impulsivity: I find that a great example of this is when I was making my Alberta Video. There were many opportunities for me to goof off on location like at the world’s biggest dinosaur, or at Lake Louise Gondola/ Ranger Program but I was on topic and working when it came to the Alberta video.

Gathering Data through All Senses:

Honestly, I don’t think I can find an outstanding example of this though the trip. Most of the data and information I received I think was very audiovisual, while I could have used more opportunities to senses like touch. So instead I will turn this into an ’I Will’ statement. I will gather data through all senses by truly trying to comprehend information with all my senses instead of just Audio and Visual.

Thinking about thinking (Metacognition):

I’d say that a great example of this is My Royal Tyrell museum video. I had to be aware of my working strategies and feelings too, work with, my partner (Julia). So I will turn this to ’I have’ statement. I have thought about my thinking by thinking about my working strategies and how I think of video production to utilize video creation.

Questioning and Posing Problems

A good example of this for me is my Uno! A ghost town video, video. When planning the video out we weren’t familiar with the locations of the conditions of the locations with this video, so I had to with my group, question data such as, What’s the weather going to be like? How much time do we have to film? How big is the location? So I am going to turn this into an ’I have’ statement. I have Questioned and Posed problems by question data needed to finish video production and to utilize location and similar data.

And finally…….

Thinking and Communicating with clarity and precision

Honestly, I don’t think I can find a good example of this, I might have overgeneralized and distorted details and data in my research and production. So, I want to change this by doing thorough research and investigating for more information. I will be thinking and Communicating with clarity and decisions by investigating for information and thoroughly researching.

Well, that’s all I have for this post. See ya later folks!