It’s the end of the world as we know it Portfolio Post

It’s As the end of the school term ends and spring break begins we are reflecting on what we learned , and we learned a lot from our “Its the end of the world as we know it” project.

The project started with a project outline, showing the timeline of events that were going to answer our driving question: How has changing from elementary school to secondary school challenged our worldview? It’s the End of the World Music 2019-Student Project Planning Sheet-15num7j

We were assigned a novel study of the book “The Book of The Lion”. We also learned our groups for the project. I was assigned to Ciara , Matthew and Zoe . It was a interesting novel about the Middle Ages and a shift in worldview.

Next we started a milestone in this project, a paragraph about the sides of the Middle Ages crusades, specifically how the crusades affected a Cultural exchange between the Muslims and the Christians. I found that the crusade paragraph related to my own worldview as in the crusades, the shift of worldview was so massive were everything shifted at it really helped me to look at the specific things that changed about my worldview.

We started the process of writing the song after this by thinking about our worldview, we did this by starting with some smaller assignments such as a expectations versus reality diagram and  we ended with a milestone which was Venn diagram of a experts thought of the transition, peers thoughts and our thoughts.

I understood  that this assignment was underdeveloped, and I dug deeper later. I had trouble relating things to my peers and expert because, I didn’t understand what really was affected in my worldview.

Next We went through the process of writing the lyrics, we wrote a personal version of the lyrics and sang them, here is mine.

Most of the lyrics were personal to me as in my shift in worldview was most personal.

Next we combined our lyrics with our groups and created a collective version of the lyrics that relates to all of our experience.  

In addition, we had to make a photo essay to pair with the song. We all submitted photos and created the essay.

This was our first draft:https://youtu.be/RUfiscBdXys

There was a big issue with the vid, specifically the audio quality. We had a peer critique with the grade 11 students and they outlined the ways of improvement.

in just 1 week: we fixed the video and re-recorded the song. This was the final draft.

I think that the main idea/concept was: With Big events and shifts in our worldview, we can evolve our thinking and our perception of the world.