Advertisements

designAd draft 4d0d561ca-3881-44ff-9ac6-b1accf0d1962Ad drafts 1,2,3,4

This is my tourist advertisement, it advertises the deepcove marina. When making this ad, I first had to go to the deep cove marina and take pictures of it to put in the ad. Of all the photos that I took, this one fit the best of all of them. This is because of not only the beautiful scenery in the background, but the cute dog that I can use to my advantage and catch the eye of any doggy lovers that happen to see it. Once I got the photo I then had to think about editing it, so I  used a cool filter to make the colours bolder and more vibrant. After the editing process, I looked at the text. It is important to really pay attention when adding text and there are many things you need to take into consideration, like the font, size, placement, colour, and the boldness or brightness of it. With all of these things in mind, I chose a font and colour that I liked and inserted it in to my ad. With all of this, I  was finally done my first ad draft but this was only the beginning. Once I was done, I then had to showcase my ad to my piers and let them critique it. Some of the comments that I got were to fix the background photo, ad more info, and to re position the text. The suggestions were really helpful but I also had people comment on things that they liked, for example, the text colour, slogan and dog in the background. I personally think that the critique made me feel like branching out and setting new standards of what I can achieve in my work as well as showing me my strength and the areas of study where I thrive the most.

img_0575Ad draft 26fbc956a-c2f3-4ced-9cbb-3015b4af15ecad drafts 1,2,3,4

This is my business advertisement, it is advertising a company called A.C. civil contracting ltd that my dad works at. with this ad I had to first create a list of questions that I would use to interview someone who works there(my dad). Some of these questions are as follows, who is the owner of the company, what is your slogan, what do you do their, and what is your logo. After recording my results, I started to make the ad itself. When creating this ad, I was unable to capture a picture of the contracting facility, so I decided to take a simple background photo of my wooden coffee table instead. After I edited it as best I could, i then added in the slogan, logo, the date of when it was founded, the owner, name of the business, and a few extra pictures to top it off. With all of the info that got put in, I had to choose a font for the text to make the ad look good and easy to read. With this I also needed to choose a colour suitable for the ad and a size of the letters. Once I did this I was basically done my first draft and it was ready for critiquing. Some of the comments that I got were that it was a little bit busy and to ad more info. Also, some of the things that they liked were the slogan, the font, and the simplicity of the background photo. These comments made me feel proud of my work and reminded me that there is always room to improve.

designAd draft 2a53204f1-7b77-47f2-9633-4b6ea6ca5ce2Ad drafts 1,2,3

This is my advocacy/disaster advertisement, it is advertising an earthquake kit called the quake kit backpack. When I was making this ad, i got my quake kit backpack and placed the content out in a neat pattern, then took a picture of it for the background of my ad. Once I added a cool filter and brightened up the photo a bit, I then proceeded to ad the text. I made the text black and chose a cool font then added a little slogan and a logo as well as the product name. Once this draft was done, I let people critique it. Some of the comments said are as follows, change the position of the text, and add some more information. Also people liked the background picture, the slogan and the filter of my ad. I always enjoy the critique and it makes me happy to see the things that people liked and to see some of their ideas on how to make my work better.

some of the apps used to create my ads are listed in the links below.

Canva

Photoshop mix

Photoshop fix