Lively Adventures (a thrilling journey to the cafeteria and back)

Life is full of events and memorable moments and experiences, so why not capture one of those experiences by creating a live event video showcasing not only a specific event, but the video skills that we’d been practicing for weeks. That’s exactly what we did for this fun little assignment. The criteria explained that we needed to include things like time lapses, still shots, copyright free music, an interview with a participant, freeze frames, and more. I had a really difficult time thinking of an event interesting enough to film because I had nothing interesting going on at the time. Instead I decided to film me and my friend walking to the school cafeteria and back… it’s more interesting than it seems, trust me. I tried my best to keep in mind all the requirements for the shots that were required and filmed the journey started in the science room and walking down the stairs, outside briefly, then to the cafeteria and all the way back. Once I had got all the clips I needed, the editing process began. The I altered the speed sound and length of some of the clips, added copyright music that I found on the internet, added voice overs and text where needed, and a first draft was finally completed. 

Then I got friends and family to critique it, fixed some minor details, and this is what I created. This video definitely taught me to be more free with my creativity in my video because I found it really paid off for this assignment. It was a fun little project and I hope we can do something similar in the future.