Viva La English Civil War

This week we learned about the British Civil War, which wasn’t really a war, just a bunch of old men fighting about who should get the throne while the actual citizens groaned. Pretty much the king, Charles I, was really annoying, so this guy named Oliver Cromwell (who was head of parliament) lead his own army trying to overthrow Charles.

When I was trying to find a way to make this post more interesting, I was browsing the internet and I had a playlist running. Viva La Vida by Coldplay came on, and I started singing along to do with the topic because why not? (I’ve been watching a lot of Glee over the past month and I think that might be transferring into my schoolwork.)

So, I actually did re-write the lyrics and record it up to the first chorus. I would have done more but my birds kept chirping and I figured I could just write out the lyrics here anyways. As for the recording, here it is.

you can listen to the recording here

(I seriously apologize for my singing in this, but honestly, I was not going to more than a few takes on this, in hopes that barely anyone ever hears it.)

In case you missed them , here are the lyrics, along with the rest of them.

Screenshot 2015-04-06 19.05.12Screenshot 2015-04-06 19.05.28

The chorus was what really channeled my main question that I was asking for this blog post, “How did the other countries feel about all this Protector jazz. As it turns out, most of the other countries just disregarded it, like they just refused to acknowledge that England has gotten rid of their throne. It was a case of “LOL look at how dumb England is being!” while the real air to the British throne hung out with them in their countries. I learned from this that almost everyone in 1600’s Europe thought not have a monarch was just the stupidest idea.

*I don’t have my sources at the moment because my computer was open to them when it broke a few days agoa nd now I can’t fine them.