Tea In The Sink, Tea In The Sink

Last week, we learned about the American Civil War. When told to find a question to research, I automatically went to the Boston Tea Party, mostly because of that one Suite Life of Zack and Cody episode. To introduce my question/topic, I assisted the help of the Sims 4 and iMovie, and made this lovely trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFyTh8Nv8o

So with that in mind, I watched the Zack and Cody episode. It sparked a question in my mind, who planned the Boston Tea Party? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Zack and Cody (TV lies).

I did some light internet digging, and found out a “Patriot leader” named Samuel Adams organized it with some buddies called the “Sons of Liberty” (which I must say, sounds like a band). There were a bunch of these Patriot groups around what is now the United States, and they were all interconnected in a way, which is pretty cool. The Sons of Liberty was a pretty big deal and had branches in Boston and New York. The Boston branch was probably way cooler though, because they met under a “Liberty Tree” and threw tea in the harbour. The New York branch hung out under a “Liberty Pole” and never through cool tea parties.

I also found out they did it on December 16th, and the cost of the tea they dumped would today be worth about $700,000. Ouch

SOURCES:

Boston Tea Party Ship

History.com