Summer, I Mean, Spring, SLC

I don’t really remember when I did my last SLC, I just remember I was like two weeks late because of complications. I know it’s been a long time though. Before I start posting all my stuff, I would like to thank my teachers for not making us post like 5 posts again, because I won’t think I could have handled that. And I probably would just have like.. not done it.

*Mario voice* Here we go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k900hqBNc14

It took me a few minutes to decide which Mario voice clip to use. So many options.

IMPROVEMENT.

I mean, yeah, I’ve improved over the last few months. Last time, I remember refusing to show any iMovies cause I was worried they were all crap. I mean, they kind of were. I’ll show the first forty seconds of my zoo movie to prove this (this is one of the movies I edited).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQpwjDisDkg

Greeeeat. Bad pictures with voice over at it’s finest. Now, I can’t say that my most recent video shows that I’ve become a movie editing expert, but I can assure you I’ve gotten better. Especially considering that the zoo movie took three people about a week, and I made this next one in bed in less than two hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iecpi3MTkhk

I think this shows that maybe I suck at this less than I used to. That shows learning and improvement, right?

I think these videos show that I really have improved my skills in delivery of information. I’ve somehow learned that it is much better to be conversational in any kind of presenting work than trying to sound all stiff and proper. I know there is a place for professional speaking and such, but it’s so much easier for me to just roll with it. I mean, did you hear that script in the first video? Not that it was me speaking, but I wrote it. It had no emotion whatsoever. Ick.

This has also showed in my blog posts. If you go back to the very beginning, I didn’t show much trace of personality in them until after my first SLC. Like literally right after my SLC. It’s like after winter break I just kind of gave up and became less of a robot. Which is a good thing. If anyone is wondering, I am referencing our first Romeo and Juliet blog post, where all I do is trash how stupid Romeo and Juliet are. I stand behind this argument.

BEST WORK.

Ok, everyone knows highlighting my best work isn’t some my best work. Ha. I have to say, for awhile my blog posts were pretty decent, but I feel like they took a blunder after the napoleon stop motion Joel and I made. I blame my dad for making us watch a stupid movie he ordered while we worked. It really took away from the educational process.

In all honesty I haven’t even seen the stop motion video, I’m just going to assume it’s awful.

Although, my first blog post for the revolutions was actually pretty cool. This was the one where I sang Viva la Vida but changed the lyrics to match my topic. I will play the song, but I will warn everyone that I am pretty out of tune.

I know I’ve made some okay stuff, but honestly I don’t know what to show. It’s hard for me to say what is my best work and all, so I have no idea whatsoever. I’m just going to keep on working at it until I create something I’m really proud of for more than like a day. It’ll probably take awhile. Stay tuned for next year.

But at least I know what my worst work is. TRAINS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBw_AGruYEE

That was probably everybody’s worst work, tbh.

GOALS

So, in January, I set some goals for myself. Lets see how those are doing.

Goal 1: My goal for humanities this term is to be able to write efficiently and eloquently without losing tone or meaning. I think being able to write with a larger vocabulary, and faster without second guessing myself, would benefit my work greatly.

Honestly my vocabulary has probably decreased because I have NO idea what eloquently means, but I do think my writing has improved. It shows in scripts for videos and my blog posts. It didn’t improve in the way I thought it would, but I can write without second guessing myself pretty easily. I’ve found putting a lot of honesty in my writing can make it seem more raw and less like a textbook. Honestly, I probably should still increase my vocabulary, but my school blog isn’t Websters Dictionary, so whatevs.

Goal 2: My goal for science this term is to do my work throughly and try to obtain a deeper understanding of my science subjects.

What I accomplished was more like thinking I understood stuff then finding out at the test that I wasn’t too great. I thought I was really good at chemistry until I got 51% on the test. I didn’t take a retest, because I didn’t realize I could at the time, which I regret, but hopefully I’ll figure out chemistry in grade ten, right?

I actually did understand the whole electricity unit. Not putting the wires together and stuff, but I was killer at the formulas. It was probably largely due to the fact that I missed a couple classes, so I actually went over the stuff at home. Funny how that helps. I should have figured that out earlier, but I didn’t.

Goal 3: My goal for personal learning this term is procrastinate less and get more work done (or more drafts) so my final product will have more revisions and ultimately be better.

Hey, I was doing pretty well until concert season. I actually think I improved at this and got my work done better and faster until I had more choir rehearsals and got a job at pretty much the exact same time. I lost week time and weekend time, and I was freaking exhausted. My new goal is figuring out my new time management now that I don’t have whole weekends to get stuff done. I did it all the time when I played ringette, so I must have had it figured out at some point.

ANYWAYS

It’s been a good year mostly, everyone should be glad I didn’t play ringette because yeah my work would have gone downhill with that time loss. I think what I need to focus on for next year is sucking it up when I’m tired and getting stuff done, and probably blocking the entire website that is YouTube, YouTube is my weakness.

At least it’s not Netflix, binge watching is probably worse.

Kirby Out.