What if Canada Opened Our Doors to Everyone?

In the Laurier ages of Canada, we were practically begging people to come on in and take our land. We needed the people to fill up the land that we didn’t want to be taken by America (of course we took no regard to the people who had been living on those lands for hundreds of years).

We used an open-door immigration policy to fill up all that space. It worked, for the most part. We were able to bring in enough people to claim the land as Canadian.

I’ve noticed that immigration is a touchy subject now in Canada, with all the refugees we’ve brought in. It seems like it might have been just as a touchy subject a hundred years ago when the government invited a whole bunch of people in.

But what would happen if we did what they did back then, and just kinda opened up our doors? I tried to figure it out. I wrote a script

screenshot-2016-11-14-10-58-38

and I have made an accompained video to futher explain my understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmPjj33y3z0

This video was actually very simply made. I used the Explain Everything app to make the video, and was able to make clear visuals that help enhance what I had written in my script.  My one issue that I often have with this app is I’m not sure if you can do the animations sepretely from when you’re recording your voice. If you can, I’ve never been able to figure it out.

Either way, my EE skills have improved a lot from when I first used the app. As I continue to use this app throughout the year, I hope that I can begin to understand more the features avaliable to me so I can make videos with better animations.