lauren.

People vs. The Environment

Frankenstuffie, a very stressful topic. This was our first big project of the year. If you are order what a frankenstuffie is, well, it is a combination of different stuffies to make one. It sounds like an arts and crafts project, but I actually learned a lot from it. This project included geography, english, and science. Now lets start at the beginning.

To start the project, we learned about physical regions in Canada. For example, some of the physical regions include Canadian Shield, Western Cordillera, or Hudson Bay Lowlands. We did learn a bit about all of them, but not everything. We were put into groups and we got to choose what region we wanted. My group chose the Hudson Bay Lowlands, so we learned everything we needed to know about it.

Afterwards, we started reading The Martian, by Andy Weir, and it is an amazing book. You may have seen the movie, but the book is also very excellent. While reading this book, we did novel study sheets, and we did 4 of them, for each quarter of the book. There novel study sheets were to help us figure out one thing, who’s in control, people or the environment. That was our driving question, the reason we did this project. Anyways, here are,y novel study sheets.

Then, we started the first step of this project. We wrote episodes in 1st person, from the frankenstuffie’s point on view. We wrote 6 episodes in total, and they were hard to write. We had to make up a story about an animal that grows other animal parts, and it was hard to find a way for that to happen, but eventually, it came out great. Here they are.

Now, it’s time to turn these paragraphs into a video. We started by putting each episode into a part of a story board. Because there are 6 episodes, we had a storyboard with 6 parts, beginning, rising action(x2), climax, falling action, and conclusion.

To make this into a video, we had to make a video storyboard, with all of the shots and angles needed to make the video. A video storyboard is a storyboard that you draw the video. That might not make sense, but when you see it, it will.

Finally, it is time to start making the video. We started by making the first half of the video, up until before he morphs into a frankenstuffie. We started by making a first draft. My first draft was pretty rough, but i took the feedback I got and made the second draft. In the second draft, I added the second half of the video, when he has morphed. Once I was finished with that, all I had to do was fix a few things, and the video was finished!

To finish off this project, we watched the movie The Martian. It was a nice way to end a hard and stressful project, and now it is time to move in to the next one.

laurenf • November 6, 2017