lauren.

Math makes no sense

We just finished this math project, so now it’s time to make a blog post about it. This card game was supposed to include simple math equations, and still have character. Now that seems easy, but it was actually pretty hard. We had to come up with our own game, and they could be the same.

My card game was pretty simple. You pick 3 number cards and 2 operation cards. Then, you flip over a card from the number pile, and you use the numbers and the operations to try and make the closest number tot he one flipped over. That sounds easy, but some of the numbers a are exponents and fractions.

This game was to help us with what we were learning, algebra. Another thing that we needed to add to the cards was character. Lots of people made their cards like Pokémon, with actual characters, however, i added shapes. I know that sounds boring, but they meant something. Certain shapes mean certain things. Now I’m not going to get into what each shape means, but they were things like ‘if it has a heart the number has to be at the end of the equation’ or something like that.

This project was a lot of fun, and i am excited to start the next one.

laurenf • November 13, 2017