Looping Tunes

Above is our class’s combined work, including all of our live loop work

Understanding how to use live loops can be extremely powerful way to supplement your work. Whether it is a video, a podcast, or even a presentation understanding how to make quick and easy music can be an extremely useful skill. Music that can molded to fit your mood and style you are trying to show is a fantastic tool. With apple live loops from garageband simple, easy music is a reality for anyone that wants it. Our task was to create a short musical piece using live loops!

Above is my own piece that I created

Creation Time

Playing with loops, experimenting with different sounds

Playing with loops is part of the learning just as much as actually making music. Understanding how to make the sounds you want to hear are so crucial when making music to fit the theme and style that you want it to convey. After playing with a number of different live loops and getting a feel for the many different sounds that were available to me.

Using sounds that are premade are important so you know your options

Recording your creations is an important step to the success of your own musical piece

With the next step on my way to understanding live loops better lied in layering the sound that I want. Recording sounds from different instruments and live loop genres. It was time to record my songs and add the additional music on top of the recording, essentially merging to different pieces of work. Using my knowledge from playing with different sounds it was more experimenting with the combination of different sounds.

Editing your recording after it is finished is key to optimal sound

Finally it is time to bring your own song to the light of the world. You have recording the sound you want to hear and now it is time to clean up that sound to better become the style and sound that you want to hear. By editing the lengths and tempo of each instrument you can personalize the sound. By changing the pitches volumes you can bring the musical experience to the next level.

For my musical piece I choose to use a combination of hip hop and R&B beats to create a chill yet hype collection of beats. I edited the pitches and adjusted the tempo to better reflect the sound I wanted to hear and I created a beautiful short piece.