Edublogs Reflection

10 weeks of the edublogs challenge and it’s all over. The end of project is just a gateway to look back upon your work and learn. The edublogs challenge was a journey that could be classified as simple at time but you can easily look deeper within every challenge you can understand its meaning.

More information about the challenge can be found on the student blogging challenge website.

Week 1-4

Week 1 – no post

The challenge in week 1 was to update my avatar and clean my blog up. The week one challenge was very simple in essence but it forced me to prepare my blog for the coming weeks.

Week 2 – Commenting

One of most important parts of the blogging challenge is commenting. The week 2 challenge like the week 1 challenge was more of a preparation than a major challenge. It gave me an opportunity to set an atmosphere for my blog for others that abide by. It created a blog that was more inviting and set an atmosphere for the following 10 challenges.

My week 3 creation

Week 3 – Images

Our first creation gave me an opportunity to share some of talents and begin to share to the community. Week 3 was first week that I commented on other’s posts. It was the first week in which I returned the favour and supported others. I created an image that I shared on my blog to others. I am not totally aware of what I learned in week 3 but I am sure it got me familiar with the community of the blogging challenge.

Week 4 – Emoji’s

I entitled this post “Emoji’s: The World’s Most Powerful Language”. I think that this title is a statement that grows even more true every day. Our lives have become even more interconnected with computers and I think emoji’s are a great example of why computers are better than a lot of different types of communication and expression. Although I clearly did not discuss this topic in my post, through the creation of the post a put thought into the topic and gained a deeper appreciation for a simple language.

Week 5-9

Week 5 – Differences and Similarities

We are constantly preached that the differences that drive our society forward. I am seeing more and more today of how true that statement is. In the changing world of today it is ever more evident. In week 5 I created a poll to get a better idea of my readers, to get a better picture of who I am reaching. Although I did not get very many responses it is important to remember that I am reaching a large number of different

Week 6 – Science

Looking back I found this to be a weakest link of my posts. However it isn’t without something I can take away from. From the research of my topic I reconnected with a passion of mine from many years ago. I spent a day obsessing about different scientific topics because edublogs sent me on the journey. Finding passion is always key in learning and is something I continue to try to find in my life.

Week 7 – Personal

As I spoke of in last week’s reflection about finding passion and its importance was supplemented by this week’s challenge. A your choice post gave me an opportunity to pursue a passion. I choose to write about a sport that I love to play, Golf. It gave me the opportunity to write all about stuff that I cared about and was willing to sacrifice my time towards. It is my goal to bring this to my life in all parts of school and my overall life.

Week 8 – Celebrations

With the coming holiday season it was time to think a little about what we all celebrate