Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Julius Caesar, Our First Project

In humanities we started a new unit on Julius Caesar and his roman reign. It wasn’t only on him but also his allies and enemies. Our first project was to help us under stand the characters of the Shakespeare play ‘Julius Caesar’. By learning the characters we would be able to preform them in the play which is later project. For the first project we were instructed to create a full cut out body of the character we picked.

Processed with Snapseed.

In our group we picked Brutus the killer, mostly because we did not know about the character. After we picked the character we researched all about its life and influence on others. One other major characteristic of the project was that we had to tell our research by creating symbols to put on the body. After we researched Brutus, we drew and cut out the symbols then glued them to the body.

Processed with Snapseed.

In retrospect, I learned all about our characters and surprisingly also about other characters that were involved in Brutus’ life. I found that one thing I would do differently would be to find places on the body that matched the symbols. Overall, I really enjoyed this project because it not only brought out the artistic side of me but also inspired my learning towards the Caesarian empire.