Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

The Top Five Elements of Steam Punk

For our new unit on metaphors machines, we are studying the steam punk aesthetic to to help create a more vivid representations of a stem punk metaphor. Before starting this project I hade already heard of steam punk, but I had never heard of the steam punk aesthetic, but as it turns out they are mostly the same. For some one that has never heard about steam let me tell you what it is. To put it simply steam punk is a mix between the Victorian style, clothing, emblems, language, and the industrial revolutions, steam, and coal machinery.

Another big part of steam punk is exposed gears, pipes, all fouled in brass gold or Crome. Like our last blog posts assignment we had to create a inquiry question, except this time it is about steam punk a very broad topic. My inquiry question for this blog post is What are the main characteristics of steam punk listed from one to five. I wanted to research this question because it is a question that I had always wondered about. Down below I have listened the top five elements of steam punk.

Number 1 : (Era) The Retro Element

Number 2 : (Power) The Fuel Element

Number 3: (Technology) The Contraption Element

Number 4 :  (Materials) The Wood and Copper Element

Number 5 : (Emotion) The Romance Element

I think that the most important element of steampunk is number one because it represents the relationship between the Victorian era and the steam modern technology and idealism of today. After doing this all research I realized that steampunk is a lot bigger and more complex than I had realized in the beginning. It is a whole new genre to be discovered.