Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

My 2018 MPOL Blog Post

My 2018 MPOL Blog Post

Since this is my second year in PLP, I feel more confident going in to my MPOL. I felt so better prepared that I decided to make a key note presentation for my actual MPOL presentation. I always like to think that every paragraph can be simplified in to a word or a short sentence. That is one of the main reasons why I like key note so much, it is way that you can simplify a other wise busy block of text. This last year has been very hectic and my in school, out of school schedule has been filled to the brim.

In the little free time I had, I did the assigned homework, played guitar, and like everybody other teenager I played on my “devises”. This gave me the time and experience to work on the skill that I used to state as my weakest link, time management. I think that over the last few months I have improved this skill and no longer can call it a weakness. So I think I need to name a new weakness for me to work on.

Weaknesses

I think some of my main obvious weaknesses are my spelling and grammar. These are not newly discovered weaknesses, I’ve actually known about these for along time. Ever since I lived in the US my spelling has been week, actually horrendous, and this is mostly because of the way I learned. Were I used to go to school we learned to spell phonetically, which basically means sounding out all of the words, and guessing the spelling. My spelling is so bad that when I was nominated for the PLP learner award one of the characteristics that Ms Willemse mentioned was that I had lower than average spelling. This is now my new “soon to be improved” weakness.

Projects

We have accomplished many different projects throughout the first term, and in each I have strived to do my best. On September 9th we embarked on a once in a life time journey to Calgary. To see the sites, to walk the path of ancient historians, and most importantly to learn. Some of the stops on this trip where incredibly interesting and like I said before a once in a life time experience. Even if we tried to relive the experience once again it would not be possible because of weather, time of day or even the lucky of how nice the employees at the time. On our trip we studied many things, the three that most stood out from the rest were Drumheller, our ever growing knowledge of Canadian history (this includes the CPR), and Beakerhead. I loved this trip because it expanded my knowledge on film making. When we were on our trip we were lucky enough to create three videos, and learn from our mistakes, ie The Enchanted Forest video. Overall I thought it was an excellent start to the new school year.

The next project I am going to outline is Project Frankenstuffie. Project Frankenstuffie, was probably the most complicated projects in my PLP history. It wasn’t only complicated because of how it was a fiction nonfiction story, but also because you needed to use stuffies. Now you can see how this project could get very silly very fast. Unfortunately, that was a little bit of an restraint, because it couldn’t be silly. Even though on one hand this project is about a stuffy that physically morphs or adapts to its surroundings by changing its physical features. On the other hand its about matter cycles a some what complex scientific theory. So basically you had to keep your story between a fine line of fiction and non fiction, without it being too silly or to serous and boring.