Lavender Adventure!

In science we have just finished our latest project. This project was based around plant reproduction and how it works. We were tasked with choosing a plant of our choice, (ex. Potatoes, Dandy Lions, Roses, etc.) We needed to clone or breed our plant and show how it worked by creating a 5 minute video that would be a sort of fake research video.

You know how there are those scientists that post videos explaining what they are studying and then at the end of the video ask for donations to help their cause? That is sort of what our video would be like but it wouldn’t be real. Obviously, we most definitely aren’t scientists.

First we were split into groups of 4. My group ended up being Jamie, Emily, Melanie, and Me. the first thing we did was decide on which plant we were going to use to breed, we chose lavender because it has been used as a natural healing remedy and it is very easy to clone.

After we decided on which plant to clone we decided who would have which roles for the video. We decided to have Emily and Melanie doing the script and have Jamie and I doing the filming and editing for the video. While we waited for the script to be done me and Jamie worked on watering and caring for our lavender plant. Eventually, a clone had sprouted!

Our lavender plant successfully cloned itself! This was good because in our video we could actually show our progress. Once Melanie and Emily had finished writing the script, me and Jamie got to work on the video. We mostly just got footage of nature and plants and for the lavender, we just used photos. For the first scene though (which was based in the laboratory with the whole group) we all talked together about our project with lab coats on to make the vide seem more authentic. Finally we had finished the video. I thing it turned out great and I know that if you watch it you will learn a lot!