Yarrow.mp4

Recently in maker we just finished a fun and unique video project. For this project, we had to film a random live event with no further planning. In this assignment we had to utilize our filming knowledge (Camera angles, Timing, etc.) so that we could produce a high quality video of an unplanned event. By unplanned I mean no story boarding, no script, no outline. You just had to go out and film. If you didn’t have any event to go to, Ms. Willemse suggested that you create your own. I ended up getting lucky as my family was going to visit our family friends who recently moved to yarrow, British Columbia the coming Sunday.

Now that I had all of the steps laid out in my mind, all that was left for me to do was to film the event, edit the video, upload the final video to YouTube, and hand the link into Showbie! the road trip was a blast. On the day it was extremely beautiful, the sun was setting, there was a beautiful clear sky, and the air smelt so fresh. Once we arrived at our friends, were given a little tour of the house. There was the living room/ dining room/ kitchen, where the sun was beaming through incredibly nicely, there was the TV room with video games and a computer for making beats, there was the back yard which had a fire pit and a nice patio with a barbecue.

After we were given the tour of the house we had a little free time before we ate dinner. There was a skatepark about a 2 minute walk away from their house so we obviously had to go and skate that. Unfortunately I didn’t bring my camera because I didn’t want to drop it or for it to get stolen.

After we checked out the skatepark we headed back to the house and played some video games while waiting for dinner. After we finished playing video games the dinner was ready! We had pirogies with amazing Alfredo sauce, Farmers sausage, and craft brewed soda. That dinner was a dinner to remember, I don’t know what it was a bout it but that was the best dinner I have had in many, many years.

For the car ride home it was a perfect time for me to edit the video. I had so much footage that it took me the entire hour and a half long car ride to finish the video. The next day In class after I handed the 5 minute long video in I realized that Ms. Willemse had told us that our video could be no longer than 2 minutes. That was a real lesson to me because I somehow completely forgot about those instructions by the time it was Sunday. I think next time I should keep notes when our teacher is describing an assignment to us. Anyways. I really enjoyed this assignment. I think it was a great was for me to show off my abilities when it comes to filming and editing videos. I will upload a newly edited 2 minute long version very soon…