image

This was yet another one of our projects  that we had been working on throughout the last couple of weeks which we did for science.

“What was this project about?” You might ask? Well we based it on a native story called “Raven Brings the Light.” It is about a dark world with no light, except for a house owned by the only person with access to light. A Raven then decides to steal the light from the owner of the light. The Raven then brings light to the world after stealing it.

So if it wasn’t too clear already, our project is about light and “Raven Brings the Light.” I decided to make just the head of a raven and add different elements of light to the head. There was a laser pointer that pointed at a mirror which then reflected out of the beak of the raven. The beak could be covered with a little flap. Everything else kind of revolved around that.

When I finished making it, I was pretty happy with it. What I didn’t realized is that it was extremely difficult to A: Keep it from falling apart, and B: To set up the laser so that it would reflect out of the mouth. I unfortunately didn’t pay too much attention to this when the time came to show it at the exhibition, so it ended up not working so well.

Either way, it was an interesting project to end the year with.