Grade 12!?!?! Already?!?!

How has time flown so fast?

Am I even ready for Grade 12?? I hope so. Ever since I came to Seycove, I rember being super intimidated by the grade 12s. They seemed so big and tall, but I guess that’s what happens when your height is below average.

To show my growth as a learner I want to show one of my recent blogpost. This is the Nuclear Fear blogpost. I personally love this post because of the amount of visuals it has. Not only that but this also shows how my blogpost are getting not only longer but have much more tone than previous ones. I actually love this one aswell because of the amount of connections I made to my life. I don’t even know how I managed to connect Nuclear Fear to my favourite show. But i managed to do it. This blogpost shows how I’ve made my posts more entertaining, more related to me, and much more than just chunks of text, but visually appealing.

You shouldn’t assume it can go kaboom!

The project i enjoyed the most was Macbeth! Just kidding! It was definitely the debate:

This project started with a very strong team and people i would choose to have. We were all so driven to get started and do the work no one had to take the lead. I couldn’t have asked for a better team.

We did so much preparing or charts had soooo many points. When we actually went up to debate turns out we hadn’t prepared anything for the topics we were given. The most useful thing we did was when we practiced once for our debate just before, where we would actually debate each other and we would give each other topics. This was so helpful, i wasn’t feeling that great before the debate but this re gave me confidence.

With the couple times i talked in the debate i thought that got me out of my comfort zone. I was proud at the moment and felt like I talked quite a bit, but then when it was over I realized how I hadn’t spoken that much. Not even a whole minute including all the debates.

What i would change:
I felt like i didn’t speak as much as i could’ve . I was just in the back brainstorming what we could’ve done, but i didn’t put it into action like the others. That would definitely be one of my goals, to have spoken more.

In the end, the debate was a really fun experience overall, and I would totally do it again if I could, with some changes ofcourse.

Skills I gained from this experience:

• Speaking skills
  • Thinking on my feet
  • Teamwork, splitting up the work and knowing when to step in
  • Confidence

Anyways? Why am I ready for Gr. 12?

– Critical thinking skills shown when thinking on my feet during the debate
– Also motivation, i feel like a lot of people lose this as they go on their high school journey and have no motivation to complete assignments, but I’m honestly so excited for my future i could not be less motivated right now.                                                                                                                                             -Stress Managements; a very neccesary skill for good mental health. With PLP, you are assigned quite a bit of ork at the same time. This means my stress levels are through the roof. Managing stress is very necessary to stay motivated. The amount of work PLP requires has slowly taught me how to do this.