Google year in search

What is Google year in search and why should we care about it?

Google year in search is a video by google about what has happened this year and what people googled. It is important to know about what is going on in the world and what people are googling. It is also important to know about (almost) everything that happened in 2016 whether it happened to you or not you were alive at that time.

One thing that I didn’t understand in the video was when a rocket looking thing landed on water. After asking some of my class mates If they knew what it was called. Apparently it’s called SpaceX and it’s basically a company with the goal to create technology to reduce space transportation costs and make the colonization of Mars possible.

When I was looking at the top search trends of 2016 for Google I was surprised to see that people were looking up “Who is Siri?” I found this surprising because I am an Apple user so Siri is the only “intelligent assistant” that I really know anything about.

I’m probably not the only one who finds it slightly surprising but at the same time there are probably some people who would find it shocking if someone else didn’t know what cortina was.

If I made my own year end review I would include my grade 7 graduation, meeting new friends at Seycove, Halloween, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. I would also include some smaller things like my friends birthday party or my trip to Shuswap Lake this summer.