An influential person for me is Oprah Winfrey. She is an amazing women, truly one of a kind. In class we were told to make a collage of a person who influences us. A person that influences me and many people is Oprah.

Oprah is a strong women who you probably just know for giving people cars but she has done so much more. She was born January 29, 1954 and is 63 years old right now. Oprah was born in rural Mississippi and was raised by her teenage single mother.

Oprah has done so many influential things including donating $40 million and much personal time to set up the leadership Academy for Girls near Johannesburg. She spent time to set up a school to help young students. Her talk show has inspired all kinds of imitation. On her talk show she has also helped many people learn to accept others who are not like them. Also, she has and can change people’s thoughts and actions. Most celebrities don’t have this much influence on the public like her. Oprah was called “arguably the world’s most powerful woman”.

Oprah was able to start from nothing and rise up to the most powerful women. Most know her for her talk show the “The Oprah Winfrey Show“. She has great credibility, she has talent, and she’s done it on her own to become the wealthy and powerful women she is. In 2013 her Salary was 75 million dollars. In 2015 her net worth was 2.9 billion dollars. Yeah that’s a lot of money but she spends most of it helping others.

If I every do get to meet her in person I would love to ask her what her goal is. In class we always are setting goals so she probably has a goal of her own.

My favourite quote from Oprah is
“Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.”
I like this quote a lot because it’s just letting me know that it’s alright if I fail I just gotta try harder next time around. It’s a perfect example of having a growth mindset.

As you can see Oprah Winfrey has done so much to influence people. She has influenced me for sure. Hopefully this gives you an understanding of who she is.

~Melika