Hello world,
Recently in math class we have been learning about equations and graphs. We got this big project assigned were we get sponsored to go on a 10,000 dollar road trip.

The rules were you could take a trip as short as 1 week or as long as 31 Days. You have to start at Central Park New York and it must be a round trip. If you want to bring your friends you can bring up to seven. Also you have to use at least 9,500 dollars of your money.

I went on this trip with my friend Ella and Morgan. I started my trip off in Central Park but my main mission was to get to Miami as soon as possible. My stops were New York, Morgantown, Charlotte, Orlando, Miami, Tallahassee, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and back to New York. My trip was planned for seven days.

Here is my map

Here are the images of my plan for each day of the trip. This explains when I get food,gas, and sleep.

The equation we used for this project was y=mx+b.The equation for the price of food, lodging, and luggage for me became y=1100x+900. How I got this was each person had to pay $200 for food. I multiplied 200×3 and got 600, then it costed $500 dollars a night for lodging and that’s how m became $1100. The reason b became 900 dollars is because I got the high quality duffel bags that cost $300 each, for the three of us it became 900. The next equation I made was for the vehicle expense. I used the Audi A4 Cabriolet which costed 67 dollars a day. I used the total amount of miles I will drive and divided it by the MPG to find out how many gallons of gas I need. Then I multiplied the gallons by 2.80 to get the cost of gallons of gas. In total the cost of the gas became 350.11 dollars. My equation for vehicle expenses became y=67x+350.11.

Here is a photo of the costs for different lengths of the trip.

Here is the photo of my graph I used to show the cost of everything.

Here is the graph for food and lodging.

Here is the graph for vehicle expenses

MTV regularly offers companies “product placement” in their reality shows. Coca Cola, Pepsi, and Snapple have all agreed to pay participants if their product appear on the show but participants must choose only one deal. In the end I didn’t choose any sponsorship because I don’t like any of those drinks but it was cool to graph. For me the best option is Coca Cola because if you are going on a week trip it pays you more. If your going on a 2-3 week trip Pepsi is the best choice and if your going on four week trip Snapple is the best option.

Here is a photo of the comparing of plans.

Here is a photo of the sponsorship graph.

Since my total cost became 9,419.11 I will be spending 200 dollars on snacks bought at gas stations along the road trip. Then the total would be 9,619.11. I also had earned 8,000 dollars for some bonus questions I had done but I’ve decided not to accept that money for my trip and donate it to a charity for cancer research.

Overall this project had helped me improve my work with graphs and has taught me how to plan a fun road trip. It was a educational project and fun at the same time.