Hey, so recently in humanities we started a new project called metaphors machine and to start this project we are learning about Crane Brinton. We are learning about Brinton’s theory of how revolution works. Everyone in class is coming up with an inquiry question relating to him and my question is “What events in the life of Crane Brinton drove him to study revolutions.”

Crane Brinton was born in United States, the year of 1898. He grew up attending public schools then he got into Harvard University in 1915. He then won a Rhodes Scholarship and was able to attend Oxford University. Brinton was an American historian and also an historian of ideas. His most famous work was The Anatomy of Revolution. That book was published in 1938. The book mostly talked about his theory. In class we learned about his theory, he said that revolutions are just like the flu that consists of four stages. The Incubation Stage, the Moderate Stage, The Crisis Stage and the Recovery Stage. All the revolutions had these 4 stages.

After a lot of research trying to figure out why he wanted to study revolution I didn’t find much. I think he studied revolution and liked working with that topic because of school. It could have just been his favourite subject like my favourite subject is socials. This is an inquiry question that I will think about later when we talk more about Brinton in class. Maybe later I might come back to this question but for now his life didn’t impact his decision to study revolution it was just something he did that was a good choice.

Bye