School Field Trip Debate Reflection

The essential question to our school field trip debate was “Is the educational value on a school field trip equivalent to its cost?”. Our Group consisted of Christopher, Jollene, Mike, Benjamin, Youna, and I. We researched information for this debate while the other kids in our class were in California. We did a lot of work to get information for this topic because it wasn’t easy to find online. Most of our information came from interviews with people such as Barry Forwar who is the head district chair, Dr. Overguard, and a few other students and teachers. I made a phone call to Mr. Forward which I was very nervous to do. I practiced my lines before I talked to him, and because of this our conversation ended up soundingvery staged. I would post the dialoge from the call, but I did not get consent from Mr. Forward to post the interview. Instead here is my part of the debate. 

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Part%202.MOV?_subject_uid=363513887&w=AADZzozyRizxOc_xuPeokwp-qwvMp4ymjowMI_WnkLqs1A&dl=1

I had a lot of fun doing this debate, and our group did end up winning the debate. The other group did have very good points though, and I did agree with a lot of what they were saying. I made sure to rehearse my part of the debate before I presented to make sure I knew what to say.