This blog post will be all about the process of creating a video for an assignment. First I’ll explain the project. During the last few weeks, the PLP nine class has been studying cause and consequence. Then we were assigned the topic of the railroad in Britain to show our understanding. The assignment was we had to create a video explaining everything we knew about the effect of the railway in Britain. First, we created an outline to get our video ideas to grow.
img_23631img_23641

This was a rough overview, so I had to go back through and fix up some of the wording before it was used in the video. The app we were given to create the video was called “Explain Everything”.  Making the actual video was quite frustrating at first, and I had to make several attempts. I had never used this app before, and I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to create something that was as good as my classmates, who had used it for a whole school year.  So, I was a bit worried. Hopefully, the more I use the app, the more I will enjoy it.  After my outline was approved I moved on to actually filming the first draft of the Railroad Visual Essay.

As you can see this definitely needed revision. After showing the video to a few classmate I got some feedback that I could use to create my final copy.

fullsizerender

In my defense, it was the first time using the app, and I had no idea how to edit well. My voice over was terrible in some spots, and I didn’t sound excited and engaged at all. My pictures and explanation were also somewhat boring. I needed to add more moving animation and I needed to talk more about the cause and consequence that the railway had in Britain. With the feedback given, I was able to revise my movie. This is the second draft.

This draft has better animation and I sound more lively and excited. I do feel like I could have sounded even happier. I did have a cold at the time which made that more of a struggle. I supported and explained my ideas more, and I went more in depth with the cause and consequence. After this we were assigned into groups of two and our partner gave us more feedback on our second draft. Quinn (my partner’s name) liked my presentation but suggested that for next time I should sound more lively and happy.  I have enjoyed the video and I hope you did too.

Thanks for reading!