I have set 3 goals that I hope to complete by the end of the grade 10 year. We usually have to set goals for the school year, but this year we are doing something a little different, this year, we are making S.M.A.R.T goals.  Smart goals are goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant/Rigorous/Realistic/Result focused, and Timely/Trackable. This made making my goals harder, but it is nice to have a proper descriptive goal that I can come back to, to see how I’m progressing during the school year.

First goal: My learning in school

I chose this goal because I really want to get good grades this school year. Since its grade 10 now, every grade counts towards post-secondary education, and if I get a good report card it gives me a better chance of getting into the university of my choice. I think this is a pretty reasonable and achievable goal, and it sure will be helpful during the school year to keep me on track.

Second goal: Character Growth

I set this goal because I think recently my attitude towards school hasn’t been the best. I also think some of my friendships have something to do with that, so, I’m going to make an effort to grow new connections with better people. This goal will help me keep a positive attitude when going into projects, and overall make it easier for me to enjoy school.

Third goal: Learning outside of school

I feel like I am not as connected with my community and world as I would like to be, this is why I set this goal. I also feel like I procrastinate sometimes, with schoolwork, and housework, and I would like to stop this.

I like setting goals for myself, it gives me something to work towards. These goals will help me throughout the school year, and it will be nice to reflect on them to see if I have completed them in the future.

Thanks for reading.