A while back in February the PLP 9 class went on this huge trip to Orlando, and more specifically, Disneyworld. The trip was amazing, and I had so many fun moments together with my PLP family, but in this blog, I’m not talking about the trip, you can go visit that post here. In this post, I will be talking about the main reason we went to Disneyland, to learn What Draws Us To Imaginary Worlds. First, we had to really understand what an imaginary world is, and how they relate to our lives. Personally, I believe that an imaginary world is an alternate reality made up by your own imagination. I can fall into imaginary worlds by daydreaming, going to places like Disneyworld, and even by walking through a really enchanting forest, but there are even more examples such as literature, video games, and movies.

To answer the main question to our project, What Draws Us To Imaginary Worlds, we had to pick a ride at one of the four parks at Disneyworld and then explain how the guests are drawn into the imaginary world of the ride. I chose the Dumbo ride at the Magic Kingdom park. I chose this ride because I remember it being my favorite ride when I was little, also, what’s more, fantastical than a flying elephant?! First, before we left for Florida, we had to research our ride and then had to think up a storyboard for our movie. This was pretty hard for me because I didn’t have a great idea of how to movie was going to turn out, I had lots of different ideas, and I could only finalize them if when was looking at the ride in person. It took me a while to make it, and yet the final copy of the movie is a little different from the storyboard, here it is:

Once our storyboards were approved it was time to head to Disneyland! The first day in Florida was also the day we went to the Magic Kingdom, this is where my ride, Dumbo The Flying Elephant was, so it was straight to filming for me. Filming shots of my ride and the Magic Kingdom easy and fun, and I enjoyed it a lot. The whole process of going through Disney world and its four parks was absolutely amazing and I sure grew a lot as a filmmaker, and as a person. Once we got back from Florida it was time to edit our videos. This took the longest of the whole process, it was also very hard and it took a long time to do the voiceover for the movie.

After I had edited everything together it was time to submit my first draft:

As you can see this draft had a lot of mistakes and it definitely needed improvement. So after some peer critic, it was back of to editing the video draft 2 for me.

After I while I was given some feedback from my teacher that told me of some of the major changes and improvements I needed to make for my next draft. This is what she wrote:

So now it was off to draft 3. I listened and thought carefully on the feedback given to me, and with it, in mind, I was able to produce my third and final draft:

I feel that this video has come a long way since draft one, and I feel really good on how it turned out. This project has been so amazing and the trip to Florida gave me so many once in a lifetime opportunity to experience imagination.

Thanks for reading!