2017 has been a like rollercoaster for me, with some big ups and downs, and as we come up to our mid school year checkpoint, their are lots of things to reflect on from the previous months. In this presentation I will discuss how I need to grow as a learner and how I plan to execute my plan.

First, let’s look on what i need to work on. Last year I feel I wasn’t applying myself as much as I could of in my school work. This year i think the problem is different. I have lost my interest and my fiery drive i previously had in school. Other activities such as hanging with my friends have took my focus and attention, and my school work has suffered from it. This can be shown through my early assignments in math and science.

In the first math project, where we learned about the right angle for solar panels, I finished the project with minimal effort until I thought it was acceptable. The grade I got back from the project was not what i wanted. What i should have done was go back through all the previous assignments and added all the material that I had learned to the project. The golden ratio project shows how i have learned from my mistakes and changed my habits. I added all the work from the unit in the project and in result, i received a very good grade. I think there is still a lot of improved needed for me in math though, as i still have trouble of understanding some of the material. A continued support from the teacher, Mr. gross, and more interest and focus on the subject on my part will help me fix this. I plan to fix this by taking out my headphones when in class so i can listen more intently to the lessons and to help me focus on my work more.

Trigonometry and Triangles

The Golden Ratio, It’s Everywhere!

In science I feel like I have improved a lot since the start of the school year. In the first project, the science safety video, I finished the project fast, and efficiently, but didn’t pay attention to detail. This is the main reason the grade received from the project was lower than i had hoped to receive. Using my knowledge from that project and the in class assignments later in on the term, I managed to produce a great second project with Aiden, the DNA and Genetics podcast. In this project my partner and I payed a lot of attention towards detail and facts, and we made sure we added every part of the unit into the final product. Going forward, I plan to focus more attention towards detail for assignments and projects. To help me with this i will make in-depth notes on the whole unit, so that by the final project I will have everything I need to exceed.

DNA & Genetics

Partener projects:
I am much more comfortable when working in a group
I can voice my concerns and suggestions within my group to get feedback
Working in more group projects will help me find how I can be a leader

Humanities and English has always been a strongpoint for me, as i feel like i can express myself well through literature. I am proud of most of my work in humanities, especially my World War 1 Soldier Podcast and one of our most recent assignments, the Silicon Valley Company Video. I am proud of my WW1 Soldier podcast, because I was able to take my newfound knowledge and hours of in-depth research together to create a powerful and excellent final draft. I am proud of how fast I learned the knew podcasting style. Since my first meetup with the teachers earlier this school year I think my communication with my teachers and peers have improved, and also my work. But, as always, there is room to improve. Something that i’ve been struggling with this term is stress. This is somewhat my fault because of my procrastination and decisions, but also personal problems such as anxiety, and problems i have with PLP. In Maker I have grown closer to my classmates which means I feel more confident participating in class. I still need to work on my participation though so I can be more involved with the material being taught in class. I have showed growth in my interviewing skills, and my teamwork. An example of this is my Blue Sky interviewing and podcast project.

World War One

How Did WW1 Start?

Everyone Has A Story

What tools can I use to be more organized in class and at home when doing my homework?