Our Group Quilt 

For this past term we have been working on creating a story and then telling it in the form of the quilt.We were put into groups to first figure out what our civilization was going to be a about, like the law, culture and worldview. our group went through many drafts before coming to our final one. Our group created a civilization on a island! Once we had that figured out our civilizations we had to create the heros journey. Our civilization was basically about a person who saves some people from his village and boats off to an island but in the process he dies while trying so in the end they get to an island, create a civilization and name it in honour of him. While we were doing that we learned and watched video’s about how different authors create there own heros and all the steps leading towards them just like the Divergent or Harry Potter.  The final step was putting it all together, juring this process we received a chart were we basically had to fill in each main event then create a picture with each event that happened. Our group split all the events between everybody, everybody decided to do abstract pictures (we had a choice between abstract or realistic) And I thought they all came together nicely. Once we were done we were off to the printing stage were we printed each picture onto a type of cool fabric paper! The very last stage was sewing, and then we were done! Through the whole process I found the most challenging part actually creating the heroes myth and getting it to the point were we could print it off onto fabric, and the most fun part (notice how I didn’t say funnest) I thought was sewing it all together.