Temples, Churches And More!!

So the past two weeks our class has been on tons of field trips! We went to Sihk temples, Buddhism temples, churches and lots of other sacred religious places. The reason for this is that we have been studying different cultures and religions. Another part of this unit is worldview and your own perspective I actually have another blog post on my own worldview and everything that created it, so if you want to check that out here’s a Link. Our first stop was at the Hinduism temple which I didn’t get any pictures of but the second stop at the Buddhism temple I got a few, here’s a little collage I put together:

image

After all of that we went for lunch to a Sihk temple which was very beautiful, it had intriquite blue and white designs and a elephant and a fountain at the front. Here’s a picture of it for the outside:

image

when we got inside we went to a room and sat down to have a delicious lunch. There was rice pudding, nann bread, rice with vegetable curry and eggplant curry. In the picture below the white stuff is the rice pudding and the sauce above the nann bread is the eggplant curry.

image

The last day of the field trips we went to learn about the Islamic traditions where the guy who was there answered all of the questions we had then we went to a church were the lady did the same. All of the places were lots of fun to learn about and see and I think that it’s even better that we went to all the temples and churches so we could actually experience them and not just read the information off of the Internet.