My Summer!!!

Hello!  As you can tell from the title I’m going to be sharing my amazing summer which was full of travelling, swimming and lots of sleeping! This summer, like most summers I started off going on a road trip to Jasper (in the Rocky Mountains) for my grandmas birthday and to see all our relatives who live in Edmonton, Alberta. Then we drove back to Edmonton with them where we saw my dads, mom and dad AKA our grandparents. A few days passed and it was time to drive Teva (my brother) to the airport so he could catch a plane to Calgary then to France, where he would stay with my aunts for 2 whole months! When we got back from the airport my dad drove back to Vancouver and we stayed with my other grandparents for a few days then flew back to Vancouver.

Once we got back my days where full of sleeping and swimming and a few soccer camps at a nearby university called SFU. My brother had dance everyday for 2 weeks and once that was over we took a few ferries to a nearby island called Hornsby it had a very small population with 1 gas station 3 or 4 restaurants and a grocery store and you can bike around the island in just a few hours! We have been going to Hornsby island with some friends ever since I was just 5 or 6 years old. We usually rent a house that overlooks the water so our days would be packed with swimming, bonfires, marshmallows and hotdogs. We only stayed on the island for a week.

A few days after we got back my dad and I paddle-boarded to an island called The twin island. The paddle board was about an hour and we had to bring tents, food and our clothes so all the pressure was on to not fall in. Once we got to the island, there a dock that we pulled our paddle boards on to and then we carried our camping gear up to a perfect spot where we could see the water and a little bit of the sunset. That night we had macaroni out of those bags you can get from MEC and it was honestly the best mac n’ cheese I’ve ever had. The next day we had hot chocolate and a cliff bar for breakfast. We packed up our tent and went back home, when we got back we went swimming for a while.

image

A few weeks later we took a plane to Toronto then to Paris and drove for 5 hours to pick up Teva from Brittany once we got there we stayed with our great aunts for a little less then a week. She lives with 5 dogs, 2 geese, 2 chickens, 2 horses, and a new kitten! While we where there we helped out with feeding all the animals and we visited where they grew up and some other towns and beaches.image

After a few days we packed up and drove to “La Pointe A Torche” and went surfing for a while then we kept on driving to the south of France, we ate baguettes, strawberries and croissants. Once we got to the house we rented we went out for pizzas. The next few days we went surfing, and on the second last day we went to Spain and had hot chocolate which in Spain if you’ve been there before you know that it’s basically just melted chocolate. After that we had to pack up and drive back to Paris to catch a flight to Toronto then back home!
Once I get back I have a soccer tournament and then back to school! Hope you enjoyed reading about my summer!