What Makes Fantasy Real?

As you may remember from my Florida blog post, I mentioned a project that was surrounded around the trip. This project was focused on answering a question, What draws us to imaginary worlds? We then each chose a attraction at Disney World, mine was Kilimanjaro safaris. We had to take all the tactics we learned throughout the years like, the steps of heroism and the five senses (touch, smell, see, hear, taste) We then had to go through steps to figure out our “style” and “tone” once we had a general idea of what we wanted our movie to be like we started on a story board. In the story board you had to include the different shots, the audio and the timing, here’s my draft!

Once we got to sunny Orlando we went to every park in Disney World, we went to my park (Animal Kingdom) on the last day, so I had prepared everything in advanced which I guess was good. I did also have to take some picture of other parks and of Florida, because even though this project was aimed at each individual attraction we still had to answer the overall answer and i thought that some other parts of the parks could help me enhance it.

Once we got back from Orlando we got started on our projects right away. We when through three drafts of videos, along the way i used many apps like, iMovie, Explain Everything, Comic Life and Superimpose. My first draft was very ruff, but basically was what I did was used iMovie to put all my raw footage in then I basically chopped it up and sped or slowed down some parts. When I had a general idea of what clips I wanted I used animator to spark it up a little. Animator basically leads you draw over video clips and speeds them up. Once everything was perfect I added in some interviews to help with making everything more intriguing. Then I added some audio and was done! Here’s the first draft:

So my second draft I felt improved a lot! I started off with cropping some of the interviews in iMovie, i also spread them out a little so it didn’t get boring. I started noticing that throughout the video, everything was the same old boring clips of forest and trees because that was what most of my ride was. So I decided to add some clips of Walt Disney, Disney World and some extra clips that had to do with imagination. I then added some music to make everything more upbeat and to set a mood. Here’s my second draft:

Next… the third draft! My third draft didn’t change to much from the second. The teacher talked to us in class and explained that there was a pattern in all our videos, they where all way to long. She said that If the clip didn’t help answer the question it shouldn’t be in there. So I went home and just started cutting up the whole video and taking away parts that really weren’t necessary.
Here’s the third draft!

And the final draft! For this one we got some critique back from the teachers, basically what I had to change was some akward clips during the interviews that zoomed I nand out. I also had to redo some of the stuttering in the audio. But besides that I was happy with the final outcome!

This project was so much fun, because we got to personalize this to our own style of movie and we also got to go to Disney World! But overall I feel like my video turned out pretty well, and I think I definitely have some more things to work on for next time!