The summer conundrum

The summer conundrum

Every summer that rolls around I arrive at the same place within my self, where I have to ask my self a question. This question really matters to me and has a major impact on my next three months. I have to decide wether I want to do nothing all summer or be active and travel. And I know your thinking that that is an easy decision but it really isn’t to me. If and when I choose to do nothing my summer is more boring and less exciting but the most important thing to me is that my summer feels so extremely long. The nine weeks I’m off for feels like a year. And I really enjoy that feeling because I am under constant stress during the school year and summer is my release. But when I choose to do things and travel I have such an amazing time, experience so many amazing things and make memories for a lifetime. But the nine weeks fly by so fast that summer is over before I can realize I’ve had time to relax. The options to this question are so polar and are very hard for me to decide because they both have there pros and cons.

This summer I chose to be busy and travel. I spent lots of time away from home and had an un measurable amount of fun, but the weeks did slip through my fingers at a pace that baffled me. I look back now and remember being at the house I rent on Hornsby and having my first reality check of the summer. I was standing on the deck thinking about what I had done and realized I was exactly one half through summer, that day I was bummed and realized how fast summer was going.

Out of the seven months that summer lasted I was home for four of them. I also had provincials soccer and provincial exams which ate two weeks up. But all in all my summer experience was great and the time went too fast.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image