Hello friends and welcome back to the greatest blog you readers have ever seen. Just kidding. I try my best.

This post is another weekly instalment of the Student Blogging Challenge. If you’ve been following along, this week is week 7.

For this week, the lead blogger decided to give us small bloggers a bit of a break. The criteria for this week was, well, nothing. It’s been designed to be a catch-up week for the people that are a bit behind. This week, we could write about anything that interests us. However, it still has to be a quality blog post with a beginning, middle and end, pictures that enhance the reading and links which make the post better altogether. Here goes, I guess.

If you know me, you’d most definitely know that I love the sport of golf. I can’t let down the readers of this blog expecting a golf-themed post, so let’s get right into it.

I play golf very competitively. I play off a 3 handicap at age 14. For those of you who don’t play golf, it means that I average 3 strokes over par per round. So, If par is 72, I regularly shoot around 75 or 76. If I play well I can shoot around even to par.

I play lots of tournaments, often on a provincial scale. This last summer, I had one of my best summer’s ever. In 3 BCGA tournament (BC wide), I recorded 1 top 5 and 2 top 10s.

I had a 4th place finish at the B.C. summer games, missing out on the podium by one shot. This one was quite disappointing because I tried my hardest in the final round only to come up one shot short. Ultimately, I just needed to be a bit better.

Another highlight of the summer was at the B.C Juveniles. This tournament was the best in B.C. for ages under 16. I surprised myself in this tournament by playing extremely well. After 2 days, I was sitting at 1 under par for the tournament and in third place. I had a real chance at winning. Unfortunately, the last day didn’t really go my way and I dropped into a tie for ninth. However, it was a great experience.

The last tournament I played this year was the B.C Bantams. This tournament was for kids 14 and under. Going into the week, I thought I had a good chance at winning. My golf game thought otherwise. I was very disappointed with the way I played during that tournament. I ended up finishing way back of the leader in ninth place. It was truly a shame because that was my last B.C bantam and I wanted to go out with a bang. I finished the last day with 2 chip-ins on the last two holes, making the ending all the more bittersweet.

This was definitely my best tournament season and golf season of my short career. I’m continually improving and hope to compete on the national team one day.

I made a video with most of the golf clips I have in my camera roll. I thought it would be cool to show me and my golf in one video. Hope you enjoy it!

To conclude, if we ever have a project or assignment with no boundaries, I’m always choosing golf to write about. It’s my passion. Some people may find it boring, but I think it’s a lot of fun. Golf is my escape. I’m always eager to get back to the golf course.

This is going to wrap up Week 7’s “challenge”. Hope you enjoyed reading about golf! If you guys play any sports, let me know in the comment section down below. ⬇️

See y’all next week,

Nik