My Winter Exhibition/ photo documentary reflection post.

To end the first term of school, my class had to present what we had learned over the last months in our PLP Winter Exhibition. This topic being religions.

We had studied various religions for about a month and a bit and we had learned so much in that short time. After we had visited numerous local religious sites, we were split into groups and assigned a specific religion. My group (Zoe , Angelo , Liam and Meg) was assigned Hinduism, and from then we had to dive deeper into Hinduism. Our main goal was to create a poster that represented seven key aspects of Hinduism with minimum text. This poster was to be the basis of our PLP presentation. This task was a lot harder than we thought because representing a whole religions’ key aspects with minimum text is very hard. We started out with a wire frame outline that gave us a basic understanding of what we were doing. Then we built  on the outline to create the poster below. 

The last poster represented key aspects of Hinduism in a way that was as simple as possible. We were proud of our final product; my contributions included the hand drawn pictures, some of the text and the research involved. 

The next part of the Winter Exhibition is the actual presentation part. We had to spend up to five hours building our station to present our poster. Although the poster was the main part of the presentation, we also had to include slide shows that showed all the different places that we went to learn about different religions. Plus we had to add pictures that we took and food. We had to have some sort of food that was part of our religion, so we chose to bring naan bread to give to people visiting our station. Then we had to bring it all together by 5:00pm and present to people who had come to enjoy the Winter Exhibition. This part was somewhat hard because we had to remember all the facts of Hinduism and then talk to so many visitors over two hours.

The only thing that I would do to make the presentation better would be having more things to talk to people about. I felt that I talked fast and the facts would run out fast leaving me with nothing to talk about.

This whole experience was really fun! I enjoyed working with my group I am proud of the results. We worked well as a team and were able to solve problems and challenges that came up during this project. 

I hope you enjoyed my Winter Exhibition reflection!

bleow you will find my religious photo documentary.

That’s all for now.