Significant Simatics Project

You may be wondering “what is Simatics and where can I get one to show to my friends?” Well Simatics isn’t an object, it’s a course at my school. It mixes math and science so you can have more elective classes.

Instead of having a quiz for our light and geometry subjects our teacher decided to do a project that incorporates light and geometry. We rejoiced in happiness until she gave us the criteria. The project had to tell the story of raven bringing the light with opacity, translucency, transparency, prisms, mirrors, and symmetry. When it was done we displayed it in our spring exhibition.

Here is the blog post for the spring exhibition

My Beautiful Blue Sky And The Splendid Spring Exhibition

Project in process
Project in process

I painted the background images onto a cork board then drilled holes in the sun and moon for flashlights to fit in that shine on mirrors that reflected it through colored cellophane (blue for the moon and yellow for the sun). In the middle you see a penciled in box. That box is an outline to show where I would end up putting the light that the raven is after. The light is kept in a cabin that is made in the shape of a triangular prism which has a door that uses translucency to shine the light on to a picture, a tribute to Ibn Al Hathen and his invention of the camara obscura.