We’ve been learning about a new app lately called Swift Playgrounds. Swift is a coding language. In Swift Playgrounds it teaches you how to use Swift (the coding language) to move your character around to finish levels. We’ve written some reflections about Swift Playgrounds. We’ve done two reflections so far.We had to answer some questions like what we think about swift or if some part of it was easy or hard.So far We’ve learned a lot of different commands like functions, “if” statement, and “for” loops. Its ok if you have no idea what those are. A function is like your own command made out of other commands, for example you could make a function named turnAround() (you can’t use spaces and you have to put brackets at the end) you could make that function by using to turn lefts or rights. An “if” statement works like this: If something happens then do something. A “for” loop is basically a loop of commands that you tell it to do a certain amount of times.I think the app is nice for beginners but it seems more like a game to me because they use commands which aren’t real commands like move forward. I’m not realy a beginner because I’ve done some coding before. I do like how you can choose one of three characters. I also like how you can make your own playgrounds, as they’re called. You can chose a few different templates of playgrounds, like answer, where it can say things or you or ask you questions.

This is a short video of how I do the levels in swift playgrounds.

Coding explanation