We’ve been working on a project called the operations game project. What we had to do was make a math related card game that included the use of as many mathematical operations as possible. You also hade to make your own cards with your own art on them. My card game was slightly inspired by a video game called Destiny 2.

Destiny 2 is a first person shooter were you can change what gear you use, unlike video games like Overwatch that have a roster of pre-made heroes to choose from (these games have many more differences then just that).

I wanted to use the idea of being able to choose what gear you use and implement it into a card game. So what I did is I made character cards, weapon cards, and special cards. Character cards have the health, weapon cards do the damage, and the special cards can effect both health and damage.

What you do is you get given an amount of character cards, weapon cards, and sepically cards. You choose a character card and you put at least a weapon card on it, and if you want a special card, thats called a set. You use your sets to attack the enemy sets. If you want to read the rules click on this link: the rules.

so after I came up with the rules I hade to make the cards, so what I did was I made a table in a app like Word called Pages. I started of by macking an overall design that was modeled a little bit after Pokémon cards. Then I added in all their names and their statistics and their art. I decided to go with a ASCII art style because I thought it would be unique and cool looking. I also found this more fun then drawing the art.

So I printed out the rules and the cards, laminated both and cut out the cards. After that I took a box from a board game that we I hadn’t played in a very long time and spray painted it a hammered copper color. Then I put all that stuff in there and a dice. I didn’t need to make a box put I thought it would just make it easier to carry around and make it more polished.

so basically we had to make a card game that used as many mathematical operations as possible, which we also had to make the art for as well.