Don’t you just love going on road trips. Well I don’t really, but thats besides the point. The point is that we got to plan a road trip recently and not got on it. Let me explain.

this road trip we got to plan was actually just a math project. We had to calculate the cost of the food we needed, how expensive the hotels were, and how expensive the car was. We had a few options to choose from for all of these. For food we could have one star meals three star meals of five star meals. For lodging we could either stay at campground, hotels, or luxury suites. For lugage we could choose from plastic bags, high quality duffle bags, or designer brand luggage. And finally for cars we could choose from a Suzuki TU250x, a honda Prius, an Audi A4 Cabriolet, a Cadillac Escalade, or a Lamborghini Murcielago.

So what I decided to do is choose the most expensive things because I don’t have enough money in to do that kind of thing in real life. So with the five star food, the luxury suite, and the Lamborghini my daily cost is 860$ (this doesn’t include the luggage because you would only buy that once). But I won’t be spending that amount every day because some days I might not be traveling, which brings me to the next part of the project: deciding where you want to go.

For this part there are 2 requirements: that you start in New York, and that you must travel with your car (which means you can’t wake ferries). So keeping that in mind I decide to start at Central Park and head to Las Vegas reason being that I’ve never been there and would maybe like to go there some day. It takes roughly a day and a half to get there and a day and a half to get back, but since the trip needs to be at least 7 days long I’m going to stay there for 4 days.

So on the days there and back I will spend 860$ a day, and on the first day I’ll spend 300 dollars extra on luggage, but once I’m in Vegas I wont be using my car because I have to stay there for 4 days (I can just walk around to go places). So while I’m there I’ll be spending 700$ a day. In total my road trip will cost 5380$. Now some people could only dream of having that much money to spend, but we have to spend at least 9500 dollars on our road trip so I’m going to spend the remain money at casinos. This means I need to spend an extra 955 dollars at a casino a day while I’m in Vegas, which would raise my money spent a day in Vegas to 1655$. Here are some graphs that show how much I spent each day:

So looking at these graphs  you can see that I spent the most amount of money while I was in Vegas because of me spending a lot of money at casinos. You can also see that I spent the least amount on the last day because on the first day I had to buy luggage and on the second and sixth days I spent half of the day in Vegas so they I spent more on those days.

So basically I’m rich and spent all my money on an expensive car and expensive food and luggage, then had a lot of money left that I decided to gamble away at some casinos in Vegas.