Have you ever seen a heritage minute. I’m just going to assume you haven’t. They’re made by a company called Historica Canada, and they’re basically videos about all sorts of important events in Canadian history like the Halifax explosion. So we had a project recently where we had to make our own heritage minute about something that didn’t already have its own heritage minute.

I was put in a group with Adlih and Kailey and we decided to do ours about a mother of confederation called Anne Brown. She was the wife of George Brown who was a father of confederation which pretty much means he helped to make confederation happen. So after choosing an event we had to make a story board. We desisded to make all the narration to be Anne writing a letter to George from her house. So what we did is we had her writing a letter to him about him working with John A. In the name of confederation, and while the narration was going one we could have different events howling like them melting for the first time. Then at the end we had a scene where George receives the letter and tells Anne that he will not fail her. Her is what it ended up looking like:

I think it turned out really well and everything looks pretty acurate to the time periods as well, and all we had to do to get this was find something interesting to make a video about, make a storyboard for it, and then finally get all the stuff we needed and film it.