About Me

Hi my name is Ruby McCarthy and this is my blog! I’m in grade 10 at Seycove Secondary, and grew up in North Van. This page is where i’ll post the work I’ve done in Humanities 10 after each project, to show what I’m learning! to get this started ill tell you a little bit about myself.

MUSIC

a big part of my life is music! i love going to concert and finding unique music and artists, but i’m also in choir and band at my school and go to singing lessons on my own time. one of my favourite artists is Billie Eilish. I discovered her before she got really big, and saw her for the first time live in seattle in 2018. I saw her in concert again in 2019 in vancouver, and got VIP tickets this time, this meant i got to meet her!! It was crazy.

I really enjoy being a part of choir and band because of the community, and the music of course. i have many friends in choir and we’ve gone on a couple of tours which are trips. we visited whistler in 8th grade and that was so much fun!

FRIENDS AND FAMILY

A big part of my life are the people in it. I have a few good friends at school, but most of my really close friends live far far away. I’ve met so many incredible people on the internet and I am very grateful for it. Distance is annoying and that makes it hard but it’s gave me so many opportunities I wouldn’t have otherwise, like travelling a ton.

my family is also super important to me. I don’t have a big family, just my mom, grandma, aunt and two cousins. I have some more extended family but I don’t see them much. We spend holidays together and we go down to Mexico in the winter to see my grandma because she lives there in the cold months.

ACADEMICS (AND CAREER PREPARATION)