Introduction:

This post will be more short since this project has stolen all my energy and currently I’m still creating the book while writing this blog post. I think that I have a much rounder and circler understanding of the Manhattan project after or currently creating this book. I understand the fully story of the atomic bomb and how it has changed humanity forever. This book, the final product, has been made from blood, sweat and many tears. I had a lot of fun in this project due to being able to research points of this project that I was curious about but never researched on my own. However, I felt this book took a lot of my time afterschool and was very stressful to work on. Overall, this project was very educational in teaching me the story of one of mans’ most deadliest weapon.

What is historical significance?

What exactly is historical significance? During this project I was taught how to quantify what historical significance is exactly is. I was also taught that their were different levels of historical significance, these were community, globally, nationally, regionally and individually. We were than assigned to write about an event or person that was historically significant. I chose Juan Garcia, a WW2 spy as my topic for the essay. Overall, this project helped me define how to convey significant events in history 

Creating the book:

I have put creating a book in one section because it was a bit of a mess and impossible to put into neatly parts. I am for this project a DRI, historical supervisor and researcher. For this project I dedicated a great deal of my time into doing research and writing. In the book, the main pages I am responsible for are, the introduction thesis pages, three pages about historical figures, letter to Albert Einstein, Japan politics, history of atomic energy commission and atomic scientists’ movement. Currently I am still working on the last three pages of the book that should get done by the due date hopefully. If I were to do this book again I would make plan for less pages since our book is around 32 pages which, I don’t think it has to be. However, I think that I did a good job at doing in-depth research. For each part that I wrote their is at least three sources to back up my information. Overall, I think this book taught me how to better manage projects.

Oppenheimer Speech:

I feel as though I completely misinterpreted this speech. This is due to how I was extremely nervous I was when writing this speech and I didn’t really feel like I had the time to analyze this speech. I didn’t really know a lot about Oppenheimer doing this essay since I wasn’t not responsible for that portion of my book. I hope to improve and look deeper into answer the question on my revision. 

Core Competences:

Communicating:

For me, I fully believe that I have shown a sophisticated understanding of this competence. I have been engaged in deep research though this entire project drawing on multiple sources to inform about a certain event for each page I created. I took initiative to make sure everything was compete by doing as much pages I possible could and taking extra work to make sure this book was done. Throughout this book I and my group have been forced to change the placement and information we were choosing to give. Overall, I feel as though I have fully met this competence. 

Conclusion:

This project was difficult however it taught me a lot about how something is historical significance and the background to a extremely historically significant event.This project has given me guideline on how to argue for the historical significance of an event.