Welcome! Today I shall enlighten you all with my Spring Exhibition experience. This exhibition was quite rushed compared to previous ones. We had around a week and a half to get our products and group ready for this presentation, thus the pressure was on. Even though it was a rough process however, I think I was able to pull through and create to different high quality final products.

The process to creating final product:

For my exhibition, I presented two different products from two different projects. In the beginning stages of creation, our teachers kept changing the plan and telling us to pivot. However, in the end they encourage us to create one final product that connected to both of the classes. By that time, I had already worked on both products to the point where it would be more work to restart and create one product that would connect to both classes. 

In particular I created a video about Malcom X and a pamphlet about Indigenous language revitalization. If you would like to learn more about the process of creating the Malcolm X check out my Humanities Blog post. Creating the pamphlet was a difficult process. Mainly, it was the graphic design that I struggled on quite a bit. Most of the information in my pamphlet I took from other project I have done. 

I spend hours during this project tweaking the graphic design and redoing my plan for the second page. 

Drafts of the Second Page:

The Final Product:

However, thankfully, with the feedback from my teachers and mother, I was able to create a second page which looked good and communicated my message of the diversity of Indigenous languages in B.C!

Prepping:

I think that our prep for the exhibition payed off in the end. My specific exhibition group was Language/Culture/Identity which included Nolan, Teva, Clair and Max R. I feel that this group was on top of its work which helped us to do well on the exhibition date. Me and Teva created a berry drink which had berries that we picked from our local forest.

My other friend Nolan, created stamps thus, we had a rule in which you could only get a drink if you gained 3 or 4 stamps by going to 3 or 4 stations or presentations.  

In my own time, I made signs for each station with which part of Language/Culture/Identity and what their product was. Additionally, I got stamp pads for each group that were different colours. We also got some work blocks to work on decorations and make our space look amazing.

The Exhibition:

Now finally, the exhibition, how did it go? Welp, I would say from my perspective it was not as much as a train wreck as I would of thought.  I think our part of the exhibition went pretty smoothly since we were already prepared and most of the work we did that day was extra prep to make the space look better. 

For my part, I think I was able to talk to people and make good conversation. Everyone I talked responded positively and some asked me questions about my display. I was quite tired at the end however, I was able to make it through! 

This exhibition even though went well, was rough. I hope in the future exhibition we will have more time to work on it and more guidance from teachers. Overall, this exhibition was difficult however, I was able to pull through and create a informative and beautiful pamphlet.