Revolutions Have a Theory, You Know

This blog post will be about a guy named Crane Brinton.

So, you are probably thinking; “Who the heck is Crane Brinton?”. Well I’m going to tell you. He is a guy who lived a while back and he decided to look at four different revolutions that had happened. He studied the French, English, American, and the Russian revolutions and saw that they all had a slight pattern. So, he researched a bit more, and came up with “The Theory Of Revolution”! In this theory he compared a revolution to a fever. It is basically a big cycle that shows the steps of a revolution. Not all the revolutions are the same, but some do kind of follow the steps. There is a point I’m getting to, so keep reading. In class, we looked at all the steps and what happens. This diagram we were given helps you visualize what happens:
Brinton's Theory Diagram

Once we understood this, we were tasked with drawing our own revolution cycle, and it needed to represent the key events in the stage. Here is mine:
My Drawing of the Cycle

As you can see, it slowly gets worse, then goes back to normal, but just a slight bit of difference based on the new ruler. Here are the main points of the theory:
Main Points Of the Revolution Stages

After all that stuff, which is what I’m doing right now, is we needed to think up a question about Crane Brinton’s theory, and research and write a blog post about it. It was tough to come up with any research on my question, whenever I sesrched the importance or anything related to my question, I got the same websites…😭
So, I am going to talk about what I think for another 400 words…
Just Kidding...

Well I do have to say my opinion on my question…
And my question is, in case you forgot 🙁: “Why is Crane Brinton’s Theory of Revolution important to our society today?”

So, in my opinion it’s important to us as people so we can recognize what is happening, and if it is bad, stop it before it happens. It also gets me thinking, what other historic events have a pattern to them? What about wars? Do they have patterns we just haven’t seen yet? It proves Brinton’s theory is more important than just showing a pattern. Now, our society has changed so much that maybe the theory isn’t applicable, but I think that many of the points are still valid. Anything in that graphic I made with the main points listed can still happen today.
So, I do think that Brinton’s theory is important, and it can be very influential in the future.

Thanks for reading my long blog post👌🏻