Trains…

Hello,
This time on Ma Blog, I’ll be showing the process of a video I created in class. So, to start us off, I’ll explain the assignment. We were studying cause and consequence, and then our teacher gave us the topic of the railways to show our understanding. So, we all did our research and then drew up an outline to get our video ideas spinning.

Visual Essay Outline

This was my rough overview, it wasn’t going to be exactly what I put in my video. The app we mainly used for the video was Explain Everything. Sometimes at first it’s a bit frustrating, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a lot of fun and personally, I like it. I’d highly recommend it for any school presentations. Ok, back to the topic. So, after our outline was approved, we moved on to do our first draft of our Railroad Visual Essay video.

Here is mine

As you can see, it definitely needed revision. This was the first time I’d used the app in a while, so my voice over was terrible in some spots. I also needed to make it more engaging, right now it was kind of boring. My points I made needed to be more supported by my animations and speaking as well. After I received feedback, I moved on to

Draft number two

I fixed up my weaker slides by putting in more animations and redoing the voiceover in the bad places. I was happy, but the happiest, and we had to do a third draft anyway. Now, I’ve completed the third draft and I’m happy to say it’s my last one! Well,

Here it is.

This draft has good animations that go along with what I’m saying, and my voiceover has minimal mistakes. It’s more engaging and explains and supports my ideas well. I’m happy with it, and I hope you enjoyed reading and watching the steps I went through to get it there. Thanks for reading!