Our Destination Was First Place…

Hello,

Welcome back to another post on the educational competition we participated in called Destination Imagination. We participated in the first rounds on February 27th called Regionals. My post on regionals is here. After that, we had a few weeks to revise our whole projects to get ready for the Provincial tournament which happened on April 8th.  To make our project better we needed to do a few things. First, we needed to reconstruct our balsa wood structures since they broke in the regional tournament. We redid our designs so they would be a little stronger, and then weighed them correctly. We also needed on more Team Choice Element, other than the animation I made. Our element was whenever Michael spoke as the narrator, he spoke in rhyme. Those were the two major improvements on our presentation.

Now onto our actual performance. We did pretty good overall, a lot better than our first try in regionals. Our structures held a total of 90 pounds and probably more, but we were worried about not having enough time to finish our performance since we only had 8 minutes. Putting the weights on took a long time. Here’s a short clip of us putting on the weights:

Testing the structures.

We did finish in time, which was good since in regionals we didn’t. I liked our story and I feel like we weren’t given enough points for it.

Overall the day at Destination Imagination was fun, I liked performing and redeeming ourselves even if we got fourth. Out of four. Anyways it was fun. The one thing I didn’t like that much was the waiting. Lots of it we were just sitting and talking since it was raining outside. As you can see in this picture:

We were waiting for our turn to present. The whole day was fun, and I enjoyed presenting all the hard work we put into this project.