Over winter break we were assigned a book to read.  There were so many cool topics brought about in the book that are teacher assigned one topic to each person in class and i was assigned On The Road by Jack Kerouac. To be honest I had no idea what the book was about,  but when I figured it out I actually found it was pretty interesting. The book is about Jack and his friends who go on a road trip across the US. In the book Little brother where they mention this, it says “I lost myself in the library, reading these beautiful old editions of the books. I got lost in Jack Kerouac’s On the Road, a novel I’d been meaning to read for a long time” The reason I got this topic was because I was the last number out of hat. And that’s how I was assigned “On the road and Howl” for my research project. Now I’m gonna talk more about Jack Kerouac’s book. In 1947 a guy named Joyce Dean who was  fresh out of jail got married in New York and just afterwards meets a guy named Sal Paradise, a young writer with an intellectual group of friends with a poet named Carlo Marx, Dean and Sal‘s friendship began three years earlier when they were on the road and going back-and-forth across country, With a combination of the bus ride hitchhiking and taxi rides. Then about halfway in the book Sal goes west to join Dean and more friends in Denver and then continues west by himself, working as a field worker in California for a while. Among other things the next year Dean came to the East to meet Sal and again live a stable life once more, they decide to drive west for more crazy adventures to New Orleans ending in San Francisco this time, the winter following, Sal goes to Dean and the blazes accross the county together in a friendly fashion. He then settles in New York for a while and Sal goes to Denver alone, Dean slowly realizes and decides to join him and they go south all the way to Mexico City to stop. Through all this travelling there was a lot of different people. Dean is a big womanizer, he has three wives, four children in the course of three years, so Sal is beginning his weekend depressed and then finds love in the end, the actual book goes into more detail but it would take awhile to cover all. Now onto the Howl part of my research, Howl is a general purpose coding editor that aims to be both lightweight and fully customizable. It is built on top of the very fast LuaJIT runtime, uses GTK for its interface, and can be extended in either Lua or Moonscript. It is known to work on Linux.  Coding is a way technology is “built”and designed. It is the technology behind what we inteact with everyday.  Those who sep ialize in coding are very talented and creative in the work they do in the world of technology.